Friday, July 5, 2013

My little loves

I really do adore these two.  Of course I have a lot of hard days. Days where I can’t wait until nap time. Days where I cry the moment Russ walks in the door because I’m tired and held it together all day in front of the kids. Days where my house is a mess and no matter how much cleaning I do, I just can’t seem to be on top of it. Days where I’m in my pj’s until lunch. I have moments each day too, where I can’t wait until everyone can use the bathroom by themselves, or just play by themselves in their own rooms for more than 2 minutes in an entire day; where I can actually take a shower without an audience. But honestly? I KNOW I will miss these days more than ANYTHING on earth. I already do, as weird as that sounds. It’s going so fast. Until then, I plan to rock my babies to sleep, and play with them as much as possible. Rowan has two favorite games right now: Can’t catch me! ( self explanatory) & Hide! It’s a monster! The other day it was kind of chilly outside, Isla was on my lap on the couch and Rowan brought over a big fuzzy gray blanket, and threw it on top of us. he quickly crawled underneath and yelled, “ hide mommy! It’s a monster!” I did it a few times and he laughed hysterically. At one point he stopped, looked up at me, and with the blanket over us said, “ This is SO much fun mommy!” with the biggest look of joy on his face. I don’t know what set that moment apart from all the rest, but I knew I wanted to remember it. Every detail. I just had this overwhelming sense of joy and love and was reminded that THIS is the stuff life is made of. It really doesn’t take much to make them happy.

Russ snapped this photo today and its just absolutely perfect.  I look half crazy but we were playing,  Hide it’s a monster! lol

DSC_0033

here’s a playful one of me and my girl too. :) She’s just so beautiful and full of life.

DSC_0015

No comments:

Post a Comment