Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July 2013

We had such had such a fun 4th of July this year. Last year I was 8 months pregnant, hot, and uncomfortable, and I remember watching the fireworks from our balcony. This year we started the morning off at the kids and pets parade downtown Issaquah. The parade is seriously not that cool, and I swear there are more people IN the parade, than watching it (although there were plenty of people watching too), but.. it’s tradition ( I was in it, and went as a kid) and Rowan loves this stuff..so that’s why we do it! My mom came with us which was fun too.  IMG_0764IMG_0767    IMG_0779 My friend Corey and her twin girls that were born a week before Isla. IMG_0783 I swear EVERY picture I have of Rowan outside in the last year is of him wearing this hat. When he was younger, I really pushed him to wear a hat outside to keep his little blonde/bald head from burning and I guess I made my point. I tried taking it off of him several times and he was like, NO MOM, I have to wear my hat!IMG_0785Okay and can we please talk about this outfit?! I’ve been waiting for months to put her in it, haha. So dang cute!

 IMG_0789 IMG_0791 IMG_0798 IMG_0801 IMG_0806 After the parade and events downtown we went home and put Rowan down for a long late afternoon nap. He doesnt nap anymore and is usually in bed at 6, so we figured we better get him down for a nap so we could have him stay up for the fireworks.

We live in the perfect location for the huge celebration and fireworks show in Sammamish. We literally just walk through the fence and across the Catholic church parking lot and we’re there. Didn’t have to worry about parking, etc…

Watching the live musicIMG_0812  Playing at the playground waiting til dusk.IMG_0816 IMG_0822IMG_0819 IMG_0821  IMG_0826 Isla’s first pair of Toms. Sparkly silver. So darling!IMG_0828 We prepared Rowan for the fireworks by showing him a few youtube clips and talking to him about the noise. I’’m glad we did because it was LOUD. He loved it though and did so great! I put the big hot pink headphones on Isla and she slept in the Ergo for most of it, thankfully. We got home late and both kids passed right out. IMG_0829 IMG_0832

No comments:

Post a Comment