Rowan is already 1 1/2 years old. CRAZY!!! I feel like I have seen the most growth in him just over the last month. He went from like 3 words, at 15 months, to over 35 at 18 months. He has such a fun personality. He weighed in at 24 lbs (still only 25th %) and almost 34 inches (90th %). Doc said he’s the tallest 18 month old she’s seen! No wonder I feel like he looks so big.
Here are some things I want to remember about 18 month Rowan:
- He loves to jump! He will say “jump” over and over while parading through the house, jumping.
- He still loves his mama. I tried really hard to get him attached to a “lovie” or a stuffed animal, for months, with no luck. Instead he loves to rub my chest, up by my collar bone. Only way to go to sleep. Sometimes it drives me nuts… but most of the time I just think it’s sweet.
- The kid will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Seriously. He spends at least 30 minutes at every meal, and almost always asks for “more.” The only thing he’s not crazy about is meat. Unless it’s dipped in BBQ sauce (just like his dad!!!)
- He loves Elmo. What kid doesn’t?? He’s started carrying his little stuffed Elmo around and likes to “read” to Elmo, or give him something to “drink.”
- He imitates anyone who’s laughing. He does it at home, and it’s hilarious. It’s slightly more embarrassing when I’m at Trader Joe’s, and he obnoxiously mimics someone laughing in casual conversation.
- He loves when we blow bubbles outside and it’s also one of the clearest words he says.
- He’ll wave at just about anyone when we’re out and about.
- When we snap he clicks his tongue and waves his fingers around. Clever way to copy!
- He kisses my belly everytime we say, “come kiss your baby brother or sister!”
- He loves to read. We probably read at least 20 books a day. His favorite right now is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear.”
I could go on and on… but those are just a few things I’m loving right now. He’s just so much fun to be around. I really want to enjoy the last few months I have alone time with him, and as just 3 of us, but I think it will be really fun to see him as a big brother!