Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Exploring His Crafty Side

After my cornstarch paint fail, I thought I’d try and do something a little easier, and harder to mess up. I made him some playdough and he LOVES it. I was hoping it would keep him busy, on his OWN for awhile…and after only a couple of minutes he tells me to come sit next to him and play. As much as I could use the time to get things done, I try and remind myself that these days will be gone before I know it, so I pull up a chair and play with him. I’ve been giving him different things to play with, and his favorite ‘tool’ for the playdough is an old spice jar.

IMG_0263IMG_0261On Pinterest, I saw an idea to stick a dry piece of spaghetti into a ball of playdough and let your toddler string cheerios onto it. I wasn’t sure Rowan would be able to but we tried anyway. He did pretty good, but was more interested in eating them, and then breaking the pasta up into pieces. You can see his poor little eye in this picture too. 2012-10-25 10.28.30   Another fun Pinterest idea I came across was to fill muffin tins with shaving cream and food dye, and let your kiddo “paint” the bathtub. Rowan thought this was pretty much the coolest thing ever. It’s great for rainy days, and we will definitely be doing this again. IMG_0286IMG_0289 IMG_0292 IMG_0302 “Hey Mom! I’m so slippy! (slippery)”IMG_0310

No comments:

Post a Comment