Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rowan is TWO!!

I really can’t believe it. In one way, it feels like he’s been in our lives forever because I just can’t imagine him not being around, but at the same time, I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I know there are a lot of changes throughout the first year, but I feel like I’ve seen a TON of changes in him in just the last few months. He went from this little guy, toddling around and babbling, to a toddler who I can carry on a conversation with. The talking has been SO much fun. He makes me laugh all the time. I just feel so thankful that he’s ours. I love you Rowan, happy 2nd birthday to my rambunctious, fun loving, yet sweet and sensitive little man!!

I’m pretty sure Rowan has had his fill of birthdays and is becoming quite a pro in how it all goes. My previous posts show that I had two birthday celebrations, and one for him with my parents before their trip a couple weeks ago… which means a lot of… cake! Now he wakes up saying, “ My birfday? Ice crim?”

Here he is on his actual birthday morning ( Russ was at work, since it was on a Friday). I let him open up one present from my brother, Ron.

IMG_0176IMG_0180 Then Isla and I took Rowan on a special little date to Starbucks where he had his first hot cocoa, and first cake pop. IMG_0195     

Sister wanted to dress up for the occassion. (Thanks Hillary, Derek, and cousins, Jojo & Tiana for the gorgeous outfit!)IMG_0182On Saturday we celebrated with Russ. We recently bought a memebership to Woodland Park Zoo. It had been a year since we took Rowan, and this time he LOVED it. He kept running and yelling, “more animals, more animals!!” I think Russ and I would like to try and go once a month. September 20121  When we got home we celebrated with cake. I made a new frosting recipe: lemon butter cream made with cream cheese. It turned out delicious!

DSC_0916DSC_0919

Love you Ro!

No comments:

Post a Comment