Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A tough post to write

I’ve been debating even writing this post (Mostly because of my pride), but I’m going to. I mean I guess this blog has turned into a bit of a journal for me, and if that’s the case, I better write this too! :)

Before getting married I was in the best shape of my life. I was running 3-6 miles, 5 days a week and spending an hour every other day lifting weights. I continued working out all through my pregnancy with Rowan, and although my body was definitely different, I bounced back pretty quick. My pregnancy with Isla was much harder. I ended up with pubic symphasis disfunction which is basically a really painful condition where your pubic bone separates, and it meant that chasing Rowan was the only real exercise I could accomplish (and I could barely do that). I was also really sick wit Isla. Not trying to make more excuses but basically I gained more weight. After having her I struggled dropping the lbs. I always heard that its harder after baby #2 but it was SO depressing. I was pushing the double BOB up the huge hill by my house, several times a week and my body was just stuck. I’ve always considered myself a healthy eater as well. Lots of organic veggies, fruit, and lean protein. I almost cringe while writing this but I didnt want to weigh myself, and finally figured out that from the time of my post partem appointment, until Isla was about 9 months, I hadn’t lost a pound. SO frustrating.

My friend Kelly had been doing advocare for awhile and had been asking me for months if I was interested in checking out the products. Let me first say.. I am not, and will never be a rep. This post has nothing to do with that, period. I am also still breastfeeding and have been a little nervous about doing anything extra. I finally decided that maybe I should just buy a starter packet (for breastfeeding moms) and that spending the $ would really keep me accountable. I was basically only able to take the energy drink (vitamins and the amount of caffeine in coffee- I only had one per day), the fiber drink, probiotics, and fish oil… so nothing crazy.

It’s been just a little over 3 months and I’ve lost 33 lbs!!! FINALLY back to myself. I’m usually super private about this stuff but wanted to share. The only advocare products I continued after the first month has been the energy drink but its honestly clean eating that made the transformation. No sugar, flour, alcohol, processed foods. It has been SO hard. but SO worth it. Ive watched my family and friends eat ice cream, and bbq food all summer long.

I’m not planning on ever going back. EVER. That’s the thing though. It’s not a diet, right? It’s a lifestyle. I feel so great and have had so much more energy. I have to say though.. because it’s a lifestyle and I’ve reached my goal, I will relax from time to time, like I did on my birthday, or our anniversary. I will have a drink with a friend or a bite of a cupcake but overall I stick to fairly strict eating habits. I eat a lot of the same things and I’m’ actually starting to enjoy it more. I’ve always been a total rule follower as well, so using food scales and measuring cups, works great for me. Russ has been great and will pretty much eat anything in front of him.

I’d like to lost 10 more lbs but I’m not in a huge rush. Isla just turned 1. I had two babies in 22 months, and Im’ still breastfeeding. I know I need to give myself some grace and I also know it’s not always about a # on the scale, but it sure does feel good to wear my skinny jeans again . :) So glad I decided to get serious though. It’’s been fun buying new clothes!

I took some before and after photos , so I could see the transformation..but it is VERY hard for me to post the before…

Below on left is before, and on right is after.

Downloads2   This is also after (well a month ago..so i’m about 5 lbs down from here) to show a better side view. 2013-08-30 10.27.14

There it is! ALL out there! :) I’m just taking it one day at a time! Thanks for reading!

1 comment: