Thursday, August 8, 2013

4th Anniversary

Last year we were out on our anniversary date joking about going into labor. Little did I know, we would come home and right after I went to lay down with Rowan to put him to sleep, my water would break- 3 weeks early. I am sad to say, that was the last date we went on. I know, I know.. everyone always talks about how important it is to get out and connect with your spouse, without kids. I totally agree.. but it’s just been a little hard. Our kids are usually in bed by 6, so we still make plenty of time to be intentional with each other, don’t worry. :) I think we’re finally at a place where our kids both feel okay when we’re not there either, and that helps a lot.

We decided to go to Agave for happy hour. It was SOO sooo nice. Russ was immediately like, “ Okay.. we have to do this more often!” It felt so great to dress up a bit, and not worry about two little people distracting our every move. I had a margarita which I’ve been craving for a really long time and we just talked and spent time together. I didn’t think we were doing gifts, and after I gave Russ his card, he handed me a box. He got me a beautiful silver necklace from Nordstrom that I had been eyeing. It says “ LOVE.” He also handed me a card that said I have an appointment at In Spa this coming Saturday at 11AM for a pedicure and manicure. SERIOUSLY?! So sweet.

DSC_0044DSC_0041 

2013-08-07 15.45.50 You can see my necklace a bit in this one.2013-08-07 16.51.09

Here’s the deal people… It’s been 4 years. 4 of the best years of my entire life, and i truly mean that. Trust me, Russ and I fight. We don’t just have ‘ disagreements.’ We have fought, and yelled, and cried, and all of that. More often than I would like to admit. BUT, we really are best friends. I can’t imagine going through this life with anyone else. I am so beyond thankful God brought us together. Love you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment