Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cornstarch Painting

September 2012

Okay… this was my attempt at being one of those glamorous Pinterest mom’s… and it didn’t work out very well. I came across the recipe for cornstarch paint. (one tablespoon cornstarch, one cup of water, one drop of food coloring- warm on stove and stir until corn starch dissolves). I even made it at 6:30 AM while Rowan ate breakfast, and Isla was happy on her own for a few minutes. I figured I’d leave it on the counter and we could make it our afternoon project. Well….it was like gelatin by mid day. I tried to salvage it with a little warm water but as you can see, it looks kind of watery and weird. Rowan still liked experimenting with it. Next time, I’ll make it right before we use it, and will use less cornstarch ( I totally used more than it called for!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment