Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monthly Meal Plan:Weeks 2 & 3

 

Okay…the whole point of all of this is probably just for me to lay it all out there and I’m already falling behind. So… I think I’ll just post what I made last week (with links) and what I’m making this week.

Week #2

 Beef & Butternut Squash Stew- (Giada De Laurentis)ammmaaaazzzing. Russ took a bite and said… “are you kidding me??!!” Guess it’s a keeper!

White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce - (Let’s Dish Recipes Blog) – Definitely yummy and will make again.

Bean & Cheese Quesadillas with Cilantro – no recipe here.. lol. Just something simple on a busy busy day.

Spinach and Chive Linguini with Olive Oil and freshly grated Parmesan. Just a few fresh ingredients courtesy of my favorite place to shop for groceries- Trader Joes!

Week #3

Ginger Chicken Stir-fry: No real recipe here… I used an organic chicken breast,  and a few handfuls of Costco’s frozen stir-fry veggie mix (yep… cheating). I cooked jasmine rice in my rice cooker, and replaced the water with low fat coconut milk (trader joes). I DID however make my own sauce and it was DELISH!

*Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a sauce pan. Add about a 1’’ chunk of freshly peeled and minced ginger. Let simmer for about a minute. Add 1 1/4 c. chicken broth, 1/2 cup soy sauce, and 4 tbs corn starch. It gets nice and thick. I also added a few splashes of rice wine vinegar. It made quite a bit and was really yummy!

Black Bean Soup with Rosemary Bread: (Dawn’s Recipe Blog) Love this soup.  It’s apparently a knock-off of Panera’s black bean soup which I haven’t had. My hubby didn’t even mind that there wasn’t any meat in it.

BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches- (Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)We don’t do any pork in this house and I’m excited to pull out my crock pot tomorrow morning and reap the results at dinner. I plan to serve them on whole wheat buns.

Beef Stew- This recipe is from my Test Kitchen Cookbook which I make practically everything from. The stew uses a chuck roast, peas, carrots, red potatoes, red wine, etc… Should be great for the projected wintery weather this weekend!

 

I know I said I planned to make 5 meals per week but we’ve had A LOT of leftovers recently. I might end up doing breakfast for dinner but otherwise I think all of this will be enough. Thanks for following me on my little adventure!

2 comments:

  1. What test kitchen cookbook do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the red one- a binder (from Costco). I've seriously made a TON of stuff from it!

    ReplyDelete