Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Month Long Meal Plan!

I try and plan out my meals week-by-week but I honestly haven’t been that organized about it. I think part of meal planning is supposed to be budgeting but I’m not sure I have all that down yet. The idea is to buy ingredients you can use for several meals. Sometimes that just happens to work out for me, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will say though, that it’s sure made my hubby happy!

I’ve been writing down the weekly menu on my most recent crafty accomplishment- a cute dry erase board (Thanks to Pinterest !)

DSC_0252

Russ said he likes to know what’s ahead and has had great things to say about what I’ve made so far.

I thought about trying to put together a bunch of cutesy pictures for these posts, along with my comments but who has time for that?? I kept forgetting, and we’d be half way through our meal when I’d remember. At this point, the presentation was lacking. ;-) I’ll include a few when I feel like it!

So, here is week #1: (remember I’m only making about 5 meals per week- the other two are leftover nights).

Tuesday-Potato Leek Soup (Food Network) with Organic Sourdough Bread from TJ’s: this is so delicious. Everybody always asks me what leeks are. I think they’re in the onion family. They have big green leafy stalks attached to a white ‘bulb’ type bottom. You only eat the small white part at the bottom. They have a strong taste, but are so good! Loved the soup but it does call for a cup of cream. Next time I think I’ll use half and half.

November 2011

Wednesday – No dinner recipe…but I did make lunch for my Mom and Sharon. Butternut Squash soup from my Test Kitchen cookbook. I make everything from that book and I love it!!

Thursday – Cajun Chicken Pasta (Pioneer Woman)- Usually i am a huge wimp about spice but I decided to kick it up a notch. This recipe is great because you can give it a little kick, or a lot, depending on your preference. It was fun to cook and even better the next day.

Saturday-  Turkey Chili (Skinnytaste.com) – Supposed to be a crockpot recipe. Would have been great..if I would have prepared it in advance. Turned out just as good cooking on the stove.This was a great, flavorful, and light chili. I was going to make cornbread and then totally forgot! I liked the suggestion to serve cilantro and red onions on top. Love cilantro, but never thought a little raw onion would add the perfect crunch.

Sunday- Was planning to make something but we had a great Salmon dinner at my mom’s!

Yes…. I like to make a lot of soup this time of year!

I will post week #2 in a few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment