Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Road trip!

We went on our first family vacation over Thanksgiving! My step brother, his wife, and their two little girls live in Orem, Utah and when my parents told me they’d be spending Thanksgiving there this year, they mentioned that we should come. Russ NEVER takes work off so I thought he wouldn’t consider it, but he did! All 4 of Brian’s (my step dad) kids were there from CA and NV, with all 10 of their kids. We packed our stuff into the car (should have taken a photo of that, holy cow!) and headed out for our first stretch of driving. 7 hours in, we stopped in Boise for the night. Our friend’s the Kempers let us borrow their Ipad which was a total life saver for Rowan. I packed snacks, new hotwheels, new books, a coloring book, markers, etc… so Rowan had a great time. He was a total trooper the entire time actually! Isla did pretty good for awhile but after naps, she was craaanky. I ended up having to sit in the backseat, in the middle, trying to do anything possible to keep her from crying. I brought a magazine to read…but ended up tearing it up with Isla to keep her entertained for awhile. It’s not like I was ever going to have time to read it anyway, ha! The next morning we packed up again and drove another 8 hours (with a few stops) all the way to Orem. We hit traffic in Salt Lake City which was kind of a bummer but we finally made it! Utah is gorgeous. Lots of beautiful snow capped mountains all around. We really only had 2 full days there before turning around to head home. We’re probably crazy for even doing it but overall it went great and I’m happy we had the chance to go.

On our way back we stopped at CWU. I seriously hadn’t been back in over 4 years. I have so many great memories there. It was like a ghost town though since everyone was probably home for Thanksgiving. I was really looking forward to walking around inside a bit but it was locked. Guess that means we’ll have to go again!

**for some reason my photos are only showing up as an album. Kind of a bummer because I wanted to write some captions but oh well!**

No comments:

Post a Comment