Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rowan is ONE!!!

DSC_0197

 

Isn’t he just the sweetest?

Here are the stats from his 12 Month well check.

Height: 32 inches (95th Percentile)

Weight: 20 lb 14 oz (25th Percentile)

I have so many emotions wrapped up in this whole turning one ‘thing’. I can honestly say that this has been the most amazing year of my life. It feels like Rowan has been in our lives for a really really long time, and at the same time, the past year flew by much faster than I can even articulate.

I always knew I wanted to be a Mom. I was the kid who said that was what I wanted to be when I grew up. I still think on a daily basis, about how thankful I am that God gave me the opportunity. I can’t even imagine a cuter, sweeter little boy.

Of course it’s come with a lot of challenges, don’t get me wrong…but overall, I continue to think that My heart just feels full. There’s really no other way to describe it.

A year ago I went through 15 hours of hard, unmedicated labor, but it was all worth it. I’ll never forget how I felt when the doctor placed him on my chest. I can still see his little face in my head, and hear his loud cry. I remember tears of joy (and relief!) streaming down my face as I felt this sense of being complete. I remember looking up at Russ, holding his son for the first time, and I get that same feeling even still, as I see how great of a dad he is, and how much he loves Rowan.

Some things I want to remember:

Rowan is VERY busy. He doesn’t stop from the moment he gets up in the morning until bed at night. He has done everything ‘physical’ on the early side. Not because I’m a crazy mom who thinks my kid is so advanced, but because he just wants to move!!! He LOVES to dance. Anytime he hears music, or anything that resembles a beat (washing machine, airplane, lawn mower, shopping cart, etc…) he starts dancing. He loves the bath. He loves to read books, and to turn the pages. He loves to play with a ball- fetch, haha, or to kick it. Rowan loves to be outside the most. He wants to pick up leaves, touch trees, dig in the dirt, or point out the “buh!” (birds). He loves Elmo, and dogs. Rowan loves to go swimming, and is a champ about going under water. He loves to clap, hold his hand to his ear and pretend he’s on the phone, and he spends the majority of his day pointing, babbling, and waving his arms around. He thinks it’s funny when we brush our teeth, blow our nose, or sneeze. He hates the carseat, and the stroller. He will eat anything, and everything. He loves to drink out of straws, tear paper, and touch just about anything he’s not supposed to. Rowan loves to give “cuddles” and “kisses”. He can be kind of serious when he’s in a new situation and checking everything out. He loves other kids. He is our absolute pride and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment