Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Asian Chicken Spinach Salad

DSC_0002

Who wants to turn on the oven when it’s hot out? Not me! I made this last night and the first words out of Russ’ mouth were, “ Are you kidding me?! This is amazing!!” It’s definitely a keeper…the dressing is delish! Great for a summer evening or potluck!

Asian Spinach Salad
From: www.thisweekfordinner.com

Toss together:
- 1 small bag of spinach
- 8 oz. bowtie pasta (cook, strain, cool)
- 2-4 Tbsp. Sesame seeds
- 1/2 C. Sunflower seeds
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 3 chicken breasts – season  with lemon pepper and salt, grill (or pan fry)and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 C. bean sprouts
- (I went to Trader Joes and they didn’t have water chestnuts OR bean sprouts so I used a yellow pepper and green onion…. SO yummy! I think I’d just do it like this again.)

Dressing:
- 1/2 C. Canola oil
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Seasoned Rice vinegar (unseasoned works too)
-- 1 tsp grated fresh garlic
- store in fridge. Return to room temp before combined

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment