Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rowan’s Dedication

Sunday was a special day for our family. It was Rowan’s dedication! For those of you who don’t know the difference between baptism and dedication; we believe that baptism is a choice that should be made when a person is old enough to profess salvation and their own faith. Dedication is a public proclamation that Russ and I, as his parents will raise him up to know Jesus, that we will pray for him and the church takes a stand to make the same commitment. Our church, Mars Hill is full of babies so we were one of 5 families to be on stage. Each family picked a Bible verse to read in front of the church and then our Pastor prayed over us as a group.

Russ and I picked Isaiah 12:2

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Rowan’s middle name is Isaiah and means “God is my Salvation” so it meant a lot to us.

Here are a couple of photos. (the ones in church are a little hard to see because of the light).

DSC_0556DSC_0563DSC_0565DSC_0569DSC_0577

Thanks to everyone who came!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment