Sunday, October 20, 2013

Star Wars & the Pumpkin Patch!

(First of all… I am pretty behind on posting these days..and I thought about trying to go back to a few things we did in September but I think I’ll just move forward) :)

We had a super busy and fun Saturday. We started out the morning at the library for a special Lego Star Wars event. They had crafts, people dressed up in costume, lots of legos to play with, and the “Noise guy” to perform. I thought it was just going to be like story time but I was so wrong! The librarian told us they were expecting over 200 people! It was mostly fun for Rowan and Russ, since I spent most of it chasing Isla around while she tried to pull all the books off the shelf.

DSC_0006 DSC_0008 DSC_0018 DSC_0022 DSC_0023  DSC_0029 

We went straight from there to Jubilee Farms pumpkin patch. Our third annual trip. I really love this farm. I know a lot of people talk about so many of the other farms in our area, and I would definitely love to check all of that out, but for now, Jubilee is perfect. Especially for our little ones. Plenty to do!

We were starving and so the first thing we did when we got there was grab some lunch. Every year we get these quesadillas loaded with fresh off the farm grilled veggies: beets, kale, etc.. AMAZING! Picture doesn’t do it justice. Usually Rowan is all about eating but when he saw the tractor ride, it’s all he could talk about. 

DSC_0031  DSC_0049DSC_0035 DSC_0039  DSC_0054Tractor ride out to the patch! DSC_0056 DSC_0071 DSC_0077So cute watching them just run around excitedly, playing with the pumpkins. There was quite a few falls too since there are pumpkin vines and pot holes everywhere! I was glad we all got some new boots to wear, and Isla actually did better than I thought she would, walking in them. Hard to believe that when we went last year, she was so tiny, and just slept bundled up in the ergo the entire time!

DSC_0087 DSC_0097 DSC_0105  DSC_0110 DSC_0113 DSC_0126 DSC_0132 DSC_0135 DSC_0143 DSC_0156  DSC_0177 DSC_0178 DSC_0196 DSC_0200 DSC_0208 DSC_0218

We were exhausted when we got home, and the kids passed right out. Andrea and Justin came over to hangout about 30 minutes after the kids went to bed. Such a fun day! Now we just have to find time to carve our pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment