Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Update

Last week at my 34 week appointment everything was routine until the end when she measured my uterus. I had been measuring spot on until the 2 weeks before when I was a little ahead but this time my Doctor had a surprised look on her face and said, "Let's go ahead and schedule you an ultrasound for next week." I was measuring at 39 weeks- almost 5 weeks ahead! No wonder everyone I see keeps saying, "Wow...any day now!?" The doctor said there might be a few reasons for this but that she suspects we are having a big baby. There are a lot of super tall guys ( and gals) in Russ' family so it wouldn't surprise me. Yesterday Russ and I went in for my ultrasound. It was definitely exciting to see our little man again since usually you don't get to do that so late in the game. If you don't believe in God, have a baby.... it's amazing to see how he has everything he needs inside there. The ultrasound tech and radiation Doc did their thing and have estimated that Baby Dray is already 6 lb 7 oz!! I was only 6 lb 9 oz when I was born! He is in the 77th percentile. There is margin for error when estimating weight but the good news is, he's a hearty little guy. I'm also on the higher end for amniotic fluid so that could also contribute to my tummy sticking so far out. Last night, Jennifer- our Doula, came over over for our prenatal appointment to talk about our birth plan,etc.. I felt really confirmed in our choice to hire her. She really knows her stuff and gave me a lot of confidence about the whole thing. Next time we see her should be while I'm in labor. She also said that because he's of a higher weight, we might be expecting a slightly earlier delivery. Basically I need to pack my bags. This is really happening! :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! How awesome that Baby Dray is doing ok! It's time to listen your your body & be ready! :D I had Jocelyn a week early, and it's just nice to be prepared and have those bags packed! :D You'll do great! Good luck with everything! What a blessing! xox

    ReplyDelete