Friday, March 5, 2010

Opposites Attract, Right?!

Anyone who knows Russ, knows about his passion for snowboarding. I have to brag a little because not only does he love it, he is A-MAZ-ING!!! His VERY first line to me (even before a hello) was, " Hey, are you a mountain girl?" when he spotted me in a Northface. We live in the Pacific Northwest and everyone has a Northface! I told him that I had only tried to board once and it wasn't the best experience. After a few months of dating, Russ decided that the way to get me enthused about heading to the mountains was to buy me a cute pink board and all of the gear. Yes- it worked. I have now been a few times and not only have I improved, I actually really like it. When I was looking through our photos though, I had to laugh. I find this picture of Russ boarding in New Zealand. It looks like something out of a magazine. I didn't even believe it was him!

Then I find the picture of me below. This was my first attempt this winter and I wasn't too happy about the fact i hadn't become a pro yet. I was mad because Russ kept trying to take my picture so I refused to look at the camera. Not my proudest moment. Did i mention it was Christmas Eve? Haha


I'm Norwegian, doesn't that mean I'm supposed to be born with these skills?

4 comments:

  1. Love the top picture of Russ! That is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA!!!! i love it :) chop chop came out that day (just with herself, instead of at someone else) didn't she?! the four of us should go boarding together sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Russ is amazing! It doesn't even look real! The one of you is cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am impressed with the photo of Russ! And I am just as impressed that you are trying to learn, too! You go, girl! Although maybe you might need to wait until little Dray is old enough to go with you both next time?

    ReplyDelete