Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spicin' Things Up In The Kitchen


When I showed Russ the picture of the apron below, he loved it...so much so that he insisted I buy one! I was pretty surprised by his enthusiasm and not quite sure where to find it. I had originally found the picture a couple of months ago when I was searching for home decor with damask print (my recent obsession) online. When I came across the apron, I saved the picture on my computer, in hopes of coaxing my mom into a little project since I can't sew and she's pretty much Martha Stewart. I tracked it down through someone’s style blog who had a link to it on etsy.com which is a really great website if you haven’t checked it out already. It’s a place where people sell their homemade specialties from woodwork, glassblowing, and art, to crocheted baby booties, jewelry or aprons! You can even search for items by location if you want to support local business.This specific company makes one of a kind vintage aprons that I absolutely fell in love with. Yesterday my package arrived wrapped in tissue with a big pink satin bow. Now I can do my domestic duties in style!

1 comment: