Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blessed to Give

In a recent post, I mentioned that Russ and I decided to sponsor a child through World Vision in lieu of Christmas gifts as we have pretty much everything we need. As God has increased our financial wisdom, we have felt a strong desire to give . Our little guy is from Tanzania and his name is Adamu. He is 7 years old; the same age as my 2nd graders which of course makes me love him even more. Last week I sent him a letter with our picture and I’m anxious to hear about his progress. It’s pretty amazing that for only $35 per month, he can get his basic needs met as well as an education and a chance to experience Christ’s love. I am thankful for this opportunity and am praying over his life. If you and your family want to get involved, you should check it out. www.worldvision.org. Another great way to give is through their “gift catalog.” You can donate money to buy things such as chickens, goats, and sheep for families to provide nourishment and boost income. You can also buy things like a share of a well for a community or education for a child. It’s great because you can make these donations in someone else’s name as a gift too. There is a range of donations even under $20. Check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. preach it girl ;) so loving that you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete