Monday, May 26, 2014

Syttende Mai 2014

This year’s parade was an absolute blast! I have some family in Norway- Beate & Vebjorn, who sent me these beautiful traditional costumes, “ Bunads” for the kids to wear. It was the most thoughtful, special gift, and I’ve been waiting since December to get them dressed up for the celebration. They felt pretty special too, especially with all of the attention they received. Russ and I decided to make a quick stop before we got to the parade to try and snap a few photos. I’m thankful we live in a time of digital photography so I can take a bunch of pictures, and delete as many as I need, but I swear.. it is near impossible to get a photo where both of these kids are looking and/or are smiling! Oh well, these were the best we could do. Hoping they can still fit in them next year! Hipp Hipp Hurra!

DSC_0085 DSC_0079   DSC_0095    DSC_0055Had to take a picture from behind. Love the leather bum!DSC_0050DSC_0146 Putting their new little chairs to use. They loved waving their flags!DSC_0152  Of course Russ always gets a lot of comments when he wears this. I always say I should get a bunch printed up and try and sell them! He’s a good sport.;-)DSC_0205Viking ship!DSC_0207Bubbles!DSC_0214

No comments:

Post a Comment