Saturday, May 18, 2013

Syttende Mai 2013

Yesterday was Norwegian Independence day and we went to Ballard last night to celebrate and watch the parade, as we do every year! I told Rowan about it before we went and all day he was running around the house yelling, “VIKING POWER!!” haha! Our friends, the Kemper’s met us there. It was Isla’s first parade and I wish I could have found the Norwegian flag onesie Rowan wore at her age. We were worried it would rain, and although there was a light sprinkle, it was mostly perfect, sunny weather!

Russ wore his special shirt and was the talk of the evening, ha. A lot of people taking his picture and wanting to know where he got it. I should totally make some and sell them next year, but I’m sure I’d have to have a license. IMG_0603Drinking his first ‘Solo,’ a yummy orange soda from Norway.IMG_0616 IMG_0610    IMG_0620Isla was so entranced by Russ’ Viking hat. She kept laughing and trying to touch it. IMG_0623IMG_0629Reagan and Merritt. Merritt is only 3 days older than Isla. IMG_0632  Ensley & Brighton watching the parade.IMG_0630  IMG_0641I put the headphones on Isla to help with the noise of the cannon at the end. She didn’t wear them long but I had to snap a pic since they’re so cute!IMG_0635   IMG_0645

No comments:

Post a Comment