Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Russ and I celebrated our 4th Valentine's Day together this year. I've made this heart shaped chocolate chip cookie for him every year. It's so fun to start family tradition!
It's fun to reminisce about the past few years because things sure have changed! Our first one was only about a month after we started dating. I got a giant bouquet of roses and calla lillies delivered to work. That evening I went over to Russ' house and he made dinner and dessert for me. The following year we got engaged!! It was such a special night. We drove out to Kerry Park and drank champagne overlooking the beautiful Seattle skyline. Russ took out his "Valentine" which was a letter telling me everything he loves about me. At the end he got down on one knee and proposed. After enjoying a little more time there, we went to the restaurant where we had our first date, Red Fin for some amazing sushi. Last Valentine's Day was our first married V-day. I had just found out I was pregnant a couple weeks before and we settled for some thai food and kept things casual. This year was our first year with little Rowan. Russ and I planned to go on our first date alone since he was born and my mom was going to watch him. She called the morning of and came down with a bad cold. We decided to take Rowan along with us and if you have a baby, you know how hard it can be to eat at a restaurant. That all happened on Saturday since Vday was on Monday. On the actual day, I planned a special dinner and it didn't work out. We ended up eating apple cinnamon pancakes, and having dark chocolate m&m's and wine for dessert. You know what though?? It was perfect. Perfectly us...a new family enjoying each other and our new life together. Hope you had lots of love surrounding you this Valentine's Day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment