Sunday, August 15, 2010

32 Weeks





Today marks 32 weeks! It's been 90+ degrees here and I have to admit, being pregnant in this heat isn't my forte. Russ and I hired a doula which is exciting. For those of you who might not know what that is, it's a certified labor coach. I'm planning on a natural birth and although I'm not making any promises, I really want to try. Hiring the doula has helped me feel more confident about it and she'll be a real help to Russ. We've learned a lot in our birth classes and that also helped lead me to that decision. Today we went on a tour of the hospital and the birthing suites. I was surprised how warm and "homey" the rooms were. I did feel a little anxious while we were there though. It's coming up so fast! Tomorrow night is our last birth class- newborn care. We even get to practice changing diapers on a doll. Should be pretty funny since Russ has never changed a diaper in his life. I have to say that Russ has been super supportive and great about all of this baby stuff. I'm really looking forward to seeing him as a dad.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for you today. It is SOOOOOO hot. No fun for a pregnant lady! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! I'm happy you get to check everything out... I too enjoyed the classes. I so wish I could have been with Derek & family to see you guys this weekend! :(

    Hopefully soon!
    best of wishes...

    ReplyDelete